Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Back on Track

So I need to explain the horrid time I've been having. Starting with work... My new shift at work is earlier then before but only by one hour. Let me tell you though that one hour is making a huge difference, I'm having a lot of trouble getting up sometimes. After I did my test for re certification I had to wait 3 weeks to find out if I passed or failed. I passed but it was a stress I didn't need that was always in the back of my mind. After Christmas (which went very well, everyone had a great time) I got the flu. This flu stayed with me for a good 2 weeks and I still don't feel 100%.

During this time I stopped eating my JC food and didn't go to my meetings. I know, I was bad. To get back on track I went today and happily only gained 1.8lbs. My JCC also did measurements and I'm down 2 inches. So I'm back on board, got my food and signed up for the new metabolic max program. I can't wait till I get it, my JCC said it's going to take 3 weeks for it to come in though *sigh*. Also I went on the website for the first time in ages and found out that Carrie Fisher(omg I'm a huge Star Wars fan) is the new celebrity spokesperson for JC, she's just starting and set a goal to lose 30lbs.

In other news I did a lot of reading while I was sick, the down side is I have books on every available surface in my room haha (I got a Chapters gift card for Xmas). I read all the books in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris so far (there's another one coming out in May this year I think), and I was surprised by how much I loved them...Ever since Twilight I've been kinda put off vampire books. Another series I started on is called the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (the books are titled Soulless, Changeless, Blameless) it's more in the steampunk sub genre but a very good read. Also started on The Ghost Hunter series by Victoria Lauri, I love stuff that has to do with ghost and paranormal stuff (I get scared easily but still love it). All these books however have helped me make up my mind about getting an e-reader. I don't have the space for more books and since I read so fast I'm always buying some. A friend from work was also kind enough to give me a cd with a few ebooks already loaded on it. I've decided which model and make e-reader I want (Sony Daily Edition) now to save up for it. 

Thanks all for letting me get this off my chest, ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Ticker