Thursday, October 21, 2010

Moments of Zen

I'm having a moment......Not a bad one, a moment of zen.

Being on a diet or thinking a lot about nutrition and just eating right is pretty overwhelming. You constantly think about portion sizes, what you can eat vs. what you shouldn't eat? Even exercising becomes a hassle, how much should I do, how long should I do it for????

Stop...breathe....

In the end I thought about it this way. If I maybe don't eat all the foods I'm supposed to( like miss a fruit serving), is it the end of the world? Nope. Will it really effect my over all efforts of losing weight and getting healthy? Nope. You can say the same about exercising. As long as your doing something it is beneficial to you. If you missed one day, it's ok. If you worked your butt off and then didn't lose a lot, it's ok.

I guess I'm just learning to let certain things go. This is not my first weight loss attempt. I've done at least two other programs(with little to no success) and gone it alone(with very little success). So whats different this time that makes me feel more optimistic? My mindset. I finally understand a lot of things about myself and how I see and deal with food. I have forgiven myself for past 'failures', so I'm not dwelling on them anymore. I also understand what I was doing that WAS my fault and caused a lot of my weight gain. Before I blamed a lot of my weight issues on genes, slow metabolism, and anything other then me. I can see now that I was eating all the wrong foods, in way too big portions, and getting no exercise. Then eating when I get stressed or bored or just because it was there. That math adds up to an unhealthy body and lifestyle. I'm here because of the choices I made.

One more thing I want to say. Sometimes I do wonder why any of this didn't click before, why I didn't try JC before, why I didn't do something sooner? Surprisingly I have an answer to all those questions. That's just the way it was. I'm doing something now, I understand now and that's all there is to it. See, pretty zen if you ask me.  :)

2 comments:

Weight Loss Ticker