Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

I love Halloween, it's one of my favorite times of year. Although I won't be eating my fill of candy this year, I ended up indulging in a different way.

After I finished with the Nice Girls Don't series, I had this need to buy more books to fill up my spare time. The problem is whenever I have unread books around my free time seems to increase till all I do is read (I'm a big book worm, but embrace it). So I ended up going shopping on Thursday and bought two more books, along with some makeup and body shop items. That same day I decided to clean up my night table and book basket. Happily I added a few more books that were lying around unread (nothing bothers me more then not finishing a book or series...unless it's just that bad).

The books I ended up buying were The Grave Witch by Kalayna Price, and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. I've read them both already. Crescendo is the second book in a series about fallen angels and a romance between a 16yr old girl and her guardian angel. The story has some pretty cool twists. It's a YA book (Young Adults) and I tend not to like YA books too much (sometimes I cringe with all the teenage angst going on). Still I thought it was pretty good and can't wait for the third book called Tempest to come out next year. The Grave Witch was a fantastic book. It was very original in the types of magic and the overall 'world' the book is set in, a long with all the rules that follow. The characters were pretty solid and it's very open ended for a sequel or a series (I'm pretty sure there will be, but no official word). I'm a little in love with both the men in the heroines life, and that always gets me back for the next book.


The other books that I found lying around unread (don't judge), I decided I need to finish reading before I allow myself to buy anymore. I finished one called Walking Dead by C.E Murphy which is book 4 of The Walker Papers. I actually enjoy the series, but sometimes there's something that makes me want to put it down and forget it. This book I found to be really good, I think it was more the last one that kinda put me off a bit....Needless to say I got over it and finished this book and I'm planing to buy book 6 called Demon Hunts. I still have about 5 more books left to read from my 'temporary forgotten' pile.  Thinking back all those books were pretty appropriate for Halloween. Till next time *waves*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Ticker