Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 1 I Used to be That Way...

Feel free to join me and do this along with me! So before you even start Day 1 of your new 100 Days challenge, your supposed to write down at least 10 reasons you want to lose weight and maintain your success.

 1. I want to look in the mirror and for once say "Yes that's me".
 2. I want to buy girly clothes that show off your figure.
 3. I want to feel energized and not always tired.
 4. I want to feel more confident.
 5. I want to boost my self esteem.
 6. I want to enjoy clothes shopping again.
 7. I want to enjoy social events without worrying if everyone is just thinking how big I look.
 8. I want to prove to everyone that I am worth it.
 9. I want to enjoy having pictures taken.
 10. I just really want to stop letting food control so much of my life.
This is why I'm doing the 100 Days challenge and I'm absolutely sticking to it!

So first days activity is to write down some negative behaviors or fears that have hurt past weight loss efforts... Thinking if I can't follow the plan 100% then I might as well quit all together. After not seeing dramatic results fast giving up. After cheating a little, going on a binge then not showing up for meetings because I'm too ashamed. Letting other peoples comments get to me.

Now you read each one out loud and then say "I used to be that way, now I'm different". Write them down in a new format ( I used to.....but now I....). And lets change what I wrote to look something like this..

I used to quit if I didn't follow the plan 100% but now I get back up and keep going.
I used to give up after not seeing results fast enough but now I have patience and understand things will change slowly.
I used to binge and then not own up but now I accept that I did wrong and learn from it.
I used to let other peoples comments influence my decisions but now I listen to myself and what my body tells me.

I feel good getting that out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Ticker