Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 8, Help Me Please

The chapter today talks about your support group. For me personally, I have an okay support system. My mom always says the right things but she also always offers me food off my plan. It's so tempting because I know she won't scold me for giving in, she'll just shrug it off. Other then that I don't really have anyone else encouraging me. I have two younger brothers who don't have weight issues, and we have a more joking, poking fun of relationship. Most of my friends are the same. I've also been selective about who I tell so some friends don't even know. Your supposed to write down a list of things that are okay for people to say or do to support you and a list of things you don't want people to say or do. After your done you're supposed to share your list with your support group so they know how best to cheer you on, and what to avoid doing to hurt your feelings.

For me personally, I don't want to write a list of what I want to hear. I would rather get feedback and advise from someone in their own words and that convey their thoughts. I understand this is meant to help people cheer and support you better. Personally I would feel they meant it more knowing that I didn't tell them what to say.

As for what not to say or do....I think I need to talk to my mom and tell her to stop offering me food, and explain why. I know she means well, she tells me she feels like I miss out sometimes. Still it could mess me up and I'm afraid it might start a binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Ticker