Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 5 Magic Notebook

On the days I work, I wait till I come home before reading the chapter of the day. Other wise I like to read it first thing in the morning. When I work I have to get up really early (like 3am) so I sometimes don't have time to do anything other then get up and go. I was pleasantly surprised to read the topic when I got home, and discovered it was exactly what I needed today.

Besides just keeping a notebook (or blog) to record how you feel or what's happening, a lot of sources say you should write down what your craving. If you start to crave something you should write it down, and it helps by taking it out of your mind. The exercise is to write down whatever your craving (if you are) and plan out when you'll have it and how often. Then try to stretch the times between you go and eat this food.

So as it happened today.... I had to pick my mom up from work, which I usually don't. While driving a radio commercial for Subway came on. I love Subway! For the rest of the time I kept thinking about wanting a sub.  Now that I'm home I'm not really craving it, but still thought the lesson of the day was oddly appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Ticker